Hi,

bug #436681 is already marked as closed, so you can't fix it :)

If you need a another bug you can work on which will propbaly not be
fixed soon by anybody else I would be very happy if you choose #277994
(http://bugs.debian.org/277944).

The package is hnb, which was developed without variable length
character encoding in mind.  To fix this bug you need to gain some
skills in C, ncurses, read a bit about Unicode and write a patch for hnb
to be able to display UTF-8.  Fixing this is not that easy but it should
be doable for an avarage skilled computer science student.

Reproducing this bug is easy:
    1) apt-get install hnb
    2) start a terminal
    3) start hnb in this terminal
    4) type a UTF-8 character and see what happens

hnb needs a simple patch to display a cursor, which will be included in
hnb soon. Drop me a mail if you need that patch.

Thanks,
Carsten