On Fri, 16 May 2008, Joey Hess wrote:
> Coming up with a complex set of requirements that everyone has to follow
> up front in their workflow[1] is not going to yeld the best results, and
> I think that's my core reason for disliking Raphael's proposal. Now, if
> you can come up with protocols/interfaces that can be used to
> publish/communicate patches, that are managed/generated in whatever way
> is most useful for the maintainer, that seems more likely to work.

Aren't "patch files in debian/patches/ with some headers" a defined interface?

Or what else are you referring to? Do you have an example or even a
general direction of what would be acceptable in your opinion?

And really I don't care how you generate those and I think it's best if we
can generate those patches out of a VCS in the generic case.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog