Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist
Owner: Decklin Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* Package name    : mnemosyne-blog
  Version         : 0.9
  Upstream Author : Decklin Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
* URL             : http://www.red-bean.com/~decklin/mnemosyne/
* License         : ISC
  Programming Lang: Python
  Description     : Maildir-to-blog compiler with XML templating and Python
extensions

  Mnemosyne is a simple blogging system which generates static files.
  Instead of using a database or filesystem hierarchy, you store your
  entries in a Maildir. Writing a blog entry is thus as easy as sending
  an email, and rebuilding the blog can be automated with mail filters,
  cron, etc.
  .
  XHTML and XML are generated with Kid templates; a bare-bones web view
  and an Atom feed are included as examples. Mnemosyne is extensible in
  Python to add features such as input preprocessing (reStructuredText
  is used by default), metadata ("tags" are standard) and filtering
  entries for custom feeds.

Yes, yet another static intarblog thing. I have found some interest
in blogging again, and would like to get it in better shape (almost
everything that should be added can be done as an extension, but the
extension interface is somewhat incomprehensible). As far as I know the
Maildir design is unique.

I wrote this ages ago, and in the meantime another package was renamed
to "mnemosyne", so in the tradition of epiphany-browser (and sup-mail,
which I am presently packaging) I'm going with "mnemosyne-blog" and
renaming things out of the way appropriately.

The short description starts with a capital letter only because
"Maildir" is spelled with an M.

Note: license in the released version is still MIT, but I'm
transitioning most of my non-GPL code. Before this goes in I will
probably roll 0.9.1.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (990, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.25.6
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)