On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 09:30:21AM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Emilio Pozuelo Monfort:
>
> >   Description     : automatic proxy configuration management library
> >
> >  libproxy is a lightweight library which makes it easy to develop
> >  applications proxy-aware with a simple and stable API.
>
> WPAD is a broken protocol with security issues inherent to the DNS
> devolution mechanism (which is also performed by libproxy).  Please
> don't add implementations to the Debian archive.

As I understand it, this library is made so that application writers
don't duplicate the code all over the place.

If you have a better method for proxy configuration (which doesn't
include changing the network all over the world in order to use it),
maybe the GNOME project can use that instead.

Michael