Le Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 09:53:00AM +0100, Adeodato Simó a écrit :

> No, not really. My point is: "*some* of the people whose packages have
> binary stanzas in debian/control which contain the correct set of binary
> dependencies at the beginning of the build, are unhappy about having to
> write said set twice".

Hi Adeodato and everybody,

I do not know who is unhappy; for me, it is more like it is itchy :)

At the beginning I thought that skipping the depandancy needed for build-time
tests was a logical extension, but now we all agree that it is useless. For the
factorisation of the package list between Depends and Build-Depends, I will
solve this in my packages with a dpkg substvar, such as
$(depends:libfoo-bar-perl} for Foo::Bar. It seems that it is trivial to pass
through dh_gencontrol.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy