William Pitcock wrote:
> I call bollocks here. I am using the version of yum in stable right now
> to yield perfectly working virtual machine filesystems.
>
> How is it "broken" when it is working as expected on production servers?
>
> William

This has been discussed many times, and detailed in the bug report.

Broken == can't bootstrap an OS with yum, with yum/misc.py importing the
wrong python module (so yum just crashes each time yum/misc.py is involved).

The fact that you are saying that your yum is "perfectly working", I
really don't think so, it's just pure hazard that in your environment
you don't use yum/misc.py. What exactly are you doing with yum?

Thomas