Giacomo A. Catenazzi <c...@debian.org> wrote:
>Michael Biebl wrote:
>> It makes no measurable difference here on my laptop (nx7000) running Debian
>> Lenny.
>
>ok, this confirm also Matthew Garrett analysis, and it is good.
>But so why powertop reccomend to disable pooling?

powertop makes various recommendations that are only useful in very
specific circumstances. Disabling polling in hal saves you a small (and
probably not useful in the real world) amount of power, but is required
to get to the number of wakeups per second that Arjan was aiming for. I
haven't been able to measure any difference in power consumption on a
typical system.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.de...@srcf.ucam.org