FIRST: GO AWAY WITH YOUR STUPID CC'S. I OBVIOUSLY READ THE LIST.

Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org> (26/04/2009):
> > JFWIW, I guess you want license-related stuff to go into
> > debian/copyright, rather than README.source.
>
> Actually, I would use debian/copyright for simply specifying licences,
> and debian/README.source to explain how the source files have been
> prepared, exactly like Charles is doing.

What if you actually check the contents of README.source? Quoting it[1,2]:
| The manual contains a non-free statement but was relicenced by Upstream, see
| http://phyml.googlecode.com/files/phyml_manual_11March2009.pdf

That pretty much sounds like clarifying a license issue. Exactly why I
said it should have gone to debian/copyright instead, so that people
checking licenses might have a clue.

 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2009/03/msg00041.html
 2. http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/phyml/

Now, you say Charles explain how the source files were prepared, that's
not even correct. The other part is:
| The sources of the PDF manual are uuencoded in debian/phyml_manual.tar.gz.uu.
| asked one the upstream maintainer to include them in the same tar archive as
| PhyML itself.

That doesn't say what license applies, where it was downloaded from,
etc. Charles, please note I'm not challenging what you did, only Noah's
wild claims.

Mraw,
KiBi.