On 2009-09-27, Charles Plessy <ple...@debian.org> wrote:
> in a discussion on how to force network-dependant regression tests (that must
> be disabled in our build network, but whose result I want to see before
> uploading), I was suggested by Jonas Smedegaard, who got this idea from Romain
> Beauxis, to use a DEB_MAINTAINER_MODE environment variable that is detected in
> debian/rules.
>
> I was just wondering if other people were using something similar and if there
> would be ground for standardisation.s

Although the goal to enable more tests is laudable the approach of modifying
a maintainer build that is later uploaded to the archive from a buildd build
doesn't sound right.  Maybe the build could then fail in the end through
dpkg-buildpackage so that the result cannot be uploaded?

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern