* Joerg Jaspert <jo...@ganneff.de> [091027 15:06]:
> we are turning on lintian based autorejects within the next few days.
> This means that packages failing a defined set of lintian tags will no
> longer be accepted into the archive, but get rejected immediately.
> This should help to get rid of the worst policy violations before
> wasting time and resources of other people.
>
> Those automated rejects will only be done on sourceful uploads to
> unstable and experimental.

Are there any plans to extend this on binary-only uploads?
"package-contains-info-dir" is an example for something that depends on
the build environment so that it might only show up on some architectures
but not in the packages uploaded with the source (as usually the maintainer
will be told my lintian if building in such a way that it happens and thus
fixed it in that case).

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
        Niklaus Wirth