Hi,

2010/2/17 Julian Andres Klode <j...@debian.org>:
> Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 16:13 +0100 schrieb Bastian Blank:
>> You want to start with em-debian.
> MeeGo is not really embedded, having a netbook UI and a handheld UI. The
> devices also have multiple GB of storage.

FYI, Grip is not really embedded, targets MIDs, netbooks and devices
with few hundreds of MB storage.
Crush is more embedded, but actually with lack of support until
multiarch bits are in place.

>> >   - Provide an environment for handheld and netbook devices
>> >     + example: the Nokia N900
>>
>> Well, I would like to have something working for my N770.
>
> I guess for the 770 (it's written without N), there is not much
> interest. Even Mer seems to be starting with N800. But it's not
> impossible.

Emdebian does provide a rootfs for integrators, so anyone can pickup a
bootloader, kernel, emulation software (if needed) and integrate them
all together.

Alexander Shiskin showed me emdebian (or maybe was slind.org, a proof
of concept of crush among other things) running on a Nokia 770 device
four or five years ago. If I recall correctly, he needed non-free code
in order to use DSP. But, yes, it does not work out-of-the-box.

Cheers,
--
 Héctor Orón