On Wednesday 19 May 2010 15:19:08 Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 01:23:05PM +0200, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> > I have noticed that the default configuration is to shutdown the computer
> > when the power button is pressed.
>
> You might want to check which software did react on the button.
/etc/acpi/powerbtn-acpi-support.sh

> Right, if you do not have a DE running, one way to react on the power
> button is using acpid *and* acpi-support-base.
But if i have it (and most of the time this is the case) it's just very
annoying having configured kde to lock the screen and then seeing the screen
being locked and then the computer being turned off.

> So what do you propose?
Do not react to it.
Also consider that acpid was not installed manually on my system, but much
likely suggested by some other package, so i was kind of unaware of its
presence.

Bye
--
Salvo Tomaselli