On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 03:10:16PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I've noticed that linking to this page seems to kill threads, which is
> not my intent, but: http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/debian/cut/
>
> The idea still seems reasonable to me, and the work required, beyond
> what is already done, not too much. Shame that nobody has tried to do it
> yet.

A list of the things that have to be done would probably help people to
assess if there is anything they can do to help. Personally, I (almost)
always use testing. I'm very happy with the stability, whenever I
attempted an install it was successful. The only things that makes me
(temporarily) avoid testing in favor of unstable is when a pre-release
freeze causes updates to pile up in unstable.

A constantly available "running stable" release (what testing basically
is most of the time) would be lovely. Would be good to know if there is
anything that can be done by people like me to make it happen.

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de