On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli <z...@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:29:58AM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> We have written a bit about what's needed here:
>> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/bugs.html
>
> A while ago I've reviewed a little bit which kind of contributions
> distros are looking for, from people who are willing to get involved
> with the distro (see #608400 for a corresponding goal).
>
> Most distros are looking for "bug triager" and providing specific
> documentation to train contributors in that direction. Historically in
> Debian we haven't looked for that, beside the very much understandable
> periodic cries for help from maintainers of popular package suites
> (GNOME, KDE, etc.).
>
> Maybe its time to generalize that? For instance, it seems to me that
> most of the above documentation by the KDE team is general and can be
> used to document a general "bug triaging" task on our "how to
> contribute" pages? Looking on wiki.d.o and www.d.o we don't seem to have
> much (any?) of it.

If it's worth anything, that same document + the help from the Qt/KDE
team helped me a lot to understand the workflow for bug triaging.
Understanding the technical part was not difficult, but the workflow
tends to be the the most obscure part.

+1 for a general doc for that.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer