On Sat, Dec 13, 1997 at 01:11:37AM -0500, Scott K. Ellis wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, David Welton wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 13, 1997 at 01:44:51PM +1100, Martin Mitchell wrote:

> > Isn't this the whole point of compiling hamm packages for bo?  Ie, the
> > bo-updates, bo-current or whatever directory that we have been
> > discussing for some time?

> My goal is to make doing this basically unnecessary, freeing people to
> spend time actually finishing hamm.

I dont think anyone is 'wasting their time' on bo-updates - I think
there are a lot of people such as myself who have up to date packages
who would like to provide them for bo users as well.  As for spending
my time doing non maintainer releases of other packages, I have alread
done what I could... I have a look through the list every now and
then, but don't see many that I am interested in or capable of, or are
sure that the maintainer is gone.

Maybe we should do a definitive maintainer ping with libc5 packages -
show some sign that you are going to do something, or orphan it.

It's a bit frustrating not knowing if people are really active or not
- I might be convinced to take some more packages just to update them,
if I knew that the maintainers had abbandoned them for sure.

Ciao,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org