On Sun, Dec 14, 1997 at 11:53:07PM +0100, TABLEAU wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use debian 1,3,1.
>
> for the future version de debian, it's possible in french ?

Maybe. Some people are working on internationalization and localization.
However, it is a big task. If you want to help, mail to
debian-i18n@lists.debian.org and [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> it's possible to mask the password? ( all )

If you mean shadow passwords, then use "shadowconfig on".

> Why debian it's not installed directly with X Window ?

Because some people have computers, that can not run Xwindows or they simple
don't want it because it is too slow. Debian will have an install tool
(deity), that supports console and X, but it is not released yet.

> X+
>
> Excuse for my english, it's not correct

No problem. Please use for further questions the debian user list,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] You can subscribe with "subscribe" in the body
of a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you,
Marcus

--
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."                         Debian GNU/Linux
Marcus Brinkmann                                      http://www.debian.org