Le Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 09:50:06AM +0200, Sven Joachim a écrit :

> > For all of these, there's no ROM available in the Debian archive, and
> > it'd be hard, if not impossible in some cases, to find some free ROMs.
> > This doesn't prevent the packages to be in main. If you want to
> > challenge this fact, then please do it in debian-devel@l.d.o, but not
> > for this RC bug, as this is a general situation really not specific to
> > doomsday.
>
> Moving the discussion to debian-devel hereby.

Hi all,

perhaps one way to solve for good these frequently re-occuring disagreements
would be to suppress the contrib area, and distribute its contents into main
and non-free according to their license and their dependancy chain:  packages
that cause the installation of non-Free works through our packaging system
itself are definitely and mechanically non-Free, and packages that do not cause
non-Free works to be automatically installed are Free.  They may be useless
without additional data, but this is the same as drivers that are useless
without additional hardware.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy