On Jue 03 May 2012 08:23:29 Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
[snip]
> 3) public, but contributors-only list
>
> This has been implemented by other FOSS projects. A notable example is
> Ubuntu who have a split between ubuntu-devel (project members only +
> whitelisting) and ubuntu-devel-discuss (free for all). I've never asked,
> but I have always suspected that they've done so in an attempt to
> improve over the experience of debian-devel participants.

If you happen to ask, it would also be nice to know how it worked for them.

> The obvious drawback of this "solution" is that non-contributors will
> need someone to vouch for them to be whitelisted.

Well, I think if someone contributes something in the -discuss list with good
arguments/attitude/etc it will be much easier for him/her to get someone
whitelist her/him than to get a sponsor for a package ;-)

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/