On Lun 14 May 2012 07:30:30 Jonas Smedegaard escribió:
[snip]
> I wish people would collaborate more.
>
> I wish people would care more about efficient use of resources.

Me too :-)

> I did not claim that there was great sense behind that usage pattern,
> but I do claim that it is reality in some parts of the World.

Indeed, I have seen that pattern before, although I think it was because
people are used to get CDs, not DVDs (ie, just a matter of habit).

> Let's keep providing CDs as install medium, because it is still relevant
> for some (and, I vaguely feel, not only exotically few) real use cases
> to install non-bloated desktop at places with flaky/expensive Internet.

Yes. And having installation media that needs two or more CDs for "Standard
desktop foo" seems not a bad idea. Also, we can suggest people to try and get
the DVD instead of the two mediums ;-)

Regards, Lisandro.

--
"La política es una actividad noble. Hay que revalorizarla, ejerciéndola con
vocación y una dedicación que exige testimonio, martirio, o sea, morir

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/