On Thu 11 Oct 2012 02:55:24 Marco d'Itri escribió:
> On Oct 11, Hideki Yamane <henr...@debian.or.jp> wrote:
> > > apt-fast is a shellscript wrapper for apt-get that can drastically
> > > improve apt download times by downloading packages in parallel, with
> > > multiple connections per package.
> >
> >  well, isn't it huge load for repository servers?
>
> As a mirror operator I consider this antisocial.

True.

> As a developer, I doubt that this can provide significant speed
> improvements other than for pathological cases.

Well, parallel download does **greatly** improves speed when you access
international servers, like we had to do in Argentina until some few weeks
ago.

Of course, being able to download stuff from two different servers at the same
time had a better end result, and as long as is one download at a time per
server, I think it can be considered socially acceptable.

Regards, Lisandro.

  http://www.devtopics.com/best-programming-jokes/

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/