On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:16:35PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> The section to which you seem to be referring is relevant
> specifically to "image and icon files in Launchpad." If you replace
> those with your own artwork or some other released under a
> compatible license and respect any other requirements of the AGPLv3,
> it doesn't sound like there should be any concern on the part of
> Canonical. What am I missing?

The last time I looked this was a non-negligible amount of files, but I
lack the resources to re-check. The point was that you cannot take it
as-is and answering "here's the source" to "I want my own LP for non-LP
development" is not exactly the truth.

I don't know if they split the encumbered files off the main repository.
Maybe I'm too pessimistic here.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern