Le lundi 03 décembre 2012 à 02:06 +0100, Adam Borowski a écrit :
> You can use the upstream packaging, available at:
> deb http://packages.mate-desktop.org/repo/debian wheezy main

I see this still includes all s/gnome/mate/ libraries from GNOME 2,
while their counterparts are still here in Debian at a GNOME 2.x
version.

I sincerely hope the FTP masters will reject this kind of stuff.
Feel free to take over maintenance of anything in pkg-gnome/attic
instead; it would be much more useful to share the maintenance effort
with other applications using those legacy libraries.

> * wheezy's remmina interacts really badly with screen locking (both
>   mate-screensaver and gnome[3]-screensaver): the screen will fail to lock,
>   yet the moment you switch out of remmina, there is a fade out and lock
>   that can't be aborted

This is expected. I guess this is because remmina does X locking, so the
session manager doesn’t know whether there are events inside or not.
It’s already the case in squeeze for applications that do locking, but
remmina might not be one of them.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :