On Sun 16 Dec 2012 02:58:36 Petter Reinholdtsen escribió:
> [Ian Jackson]
>
> >There is still nothing per se wrong with circular dependencies
>
> [Thorsten Glaser]
>
> > Actually, I’m hitting an APT bug during dist-upgrades right now for
> > packages with circular dependencies, usually two (perl with
> > perl-modules, and g++-$version with its library), when they are
> > indirectly depended on by a package with Important: yes set, as was
> > recommended for metapackages which should not be considered by APT
> > for automatic removal.
>
> A similar issue with libqt4-dbus is blocking upgrades of a desktop
> installation from squeeze to wheezy the last two weeks (as detected by
> jenkins.debian.net).  See <URL: http://bugs.debian.org/655382 > and
> related BTS reports for the details.
>
> I really hope we can get rid of the circular package dependencies. :)

I've has just wrote that in the bug report, but I think without CCing here.

In the case of libqt4-dbus, the fix is ready to be uploaded and ACKed by the
RT, but we are waiting for a fix of a FTBFS of the previous upload.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/