On Thu, 03 Jan 2013, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <o...@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > release and lsb-base being Architecture: foreign). Patches are welcome to
> > make
> > Wheezy+1 more suitable to your needs.
>
> How about changing it from a kernel bug to tasksel feature ?
>
> I recommend: "tasksel" to install 32-bit libraries by default, if user
> chooses stock "Desktop" (KDE/GNOME/XFCE/...). This should solve the
> problem for most users.

This is actually a very good idea.  Automatically generate the library
subset of a task, teach tasksel to add the required arch tags, and make it
as easy as a checkbox or a command line option to add most of the libraries
you might ever need for a secondary arch.  This could go a long way to make
it less painful (if a _lot_ more wasteful of inodes and disk space) to deal
with 32-bit non-debian applications.

That said, for now, it is best to learn how to use the "ldd" utility to root
out missing libraries for any binary.  It *really* helps.

  Henrique Holschuh