On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:39:26AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Has anybody had experience controlling access to git repositories, for
> example, to give users access but prevent some of the following
> dangerous operations?

Related to this, there is also the risk that a user will ssh on alioth
and rm the repository (accidentally or not). Do we have any kind of
protection against that? (e.g. backups we can access to without
bothering the alioth admins, or a way to give git access but not ssh
access, or...)

FWIW, I'm a happy gitolite user on my own sever and it can be used to do
rather fine grained access control. But integrating it with alioth is
not necessarily trivial, considered that we will have to have
per-project gitolite configurations. If someone ends up doing that,
please take the time to write down some tutorial/best-practice for
alioth integration. It would be *much* appreciated.

...  and thanks for raising the topic, Daniel!
Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  z...@upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .