On May 07, Paul Tagliamonte <paul...@debian.org> wrote:

> > "everything in /usr" actually means that supporting these devices is
> > much easier.
> Not when you have a 500 meg internal storage that the firmware boots off
> of, and using a multi-gig CF card to store the mega-awesome-app you're
> using it for.
It's much easier because you do not need to fit in the 500 MB storage
everything needed to start the system, but only what is needed to mount
/usr.

> There's literally no good reason to do this besides all the cool kids
> are doing it.
There are many interesting things you can do when all the "stateless"
parts of the system are in /usr, but I am not going to discuss them
here.

--
ciao,
Marco