Hi Guillem,

On Tue, 07 May 2013, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Examples of this are man pages (#707129) or info documents (#707133),
> others could be menu, desktop or dictionary triggers, but that depends
> on how the triggering packages make use of them. I'd be glad if people
> who know any package registering triggers could mention if they think
> those could be switched. Reporting bugs afterwards or even handling the
> switch directly for those would be much appreciated. :)

When I implemented those -noawait variants, I contacted various
maintainers about their usage of the trigger.

Only a handful answered that they had to keep the current directive:
fontconfig
gconf
gdk-pixbuf
glib2.0
iceape
octave3.2
wims

(and even in some of those, the concerns are purely theoric at it's
unlikely to break installation of packages depending on trigger-awaited packages
but could lead to run-time failures for users starting the application)

Many answered that they could use -noawait:
ccache
cracklib2
desktop-file-utils (delay in mime database update, that's all)
gap
ghc6 (only for compilation in postinst)
gnome-icon-theme
gnome-menus
grace
guile-1.8
hicolor-icon-theme
ibid
lintian
man-db
menu
nevow
ntfs-3g
nvidia-graphics-drivers
pdl
php5
postgresql-common
protoaculous
python-support (will go away anyway)
resolvconf
rkhunter
rygel
texinfo
unhide
unhide.rb
xpdf
yorick

And all the others didn't respond.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/