On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 01:06:41AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On May 07, Marc Haber <mh+debian-de...@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> > >What about merging / and /usr ?
> > So we really want to explicitly not offer an upgade path from wheezy
> > to jessie?
> This causes no major issues on upgrades, Fedora did it.

Fedora updates are different. (And so are Ubuntu updates, if one considers
that it's possible to provide fixup scripts to update-manager pre-upgrade.)
As long as we're supporting upgrades through plain apt, that's going to
be hard. Especially if you have non-distro packages installed that need
to be migrated as well, with the tracking information updated.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern