Uoti Urpala <uoti.urp...@pp1.inet.fi> writes:
> Marc Haber wrote:

>> And it is still completely inferior even to dpkg-conffile handling,
>> which has huge wishes left open as well.

> False. The message you replied to already listed advantages over
> dpkg-conffile handling. This was also already discussed before:
> https://lists.debian.org/<1336580040.28230.9.camel@glyph.nonexistent.invalid>

We've had this discussion a lot.  There is an ongoing technical
disagreement of opinion about the tradeoffs.  Pointing out that you've
previously posted your side of the argument isn't any more likely to
change anyone's mind than it did when you posted it the first time.  The
people who disagreed with your arguments the first time are still going to
disagree with them now, and are going to be no more convinced than they
were the first time.

In fact, given the tone that you use in these discussions and the nature
of human psychology, it's quite likely that the more you post on this
topic, the *less* people are going to agree with you.

If you want to see systemd adopted by default in Debian, the best thing
that you could do to achieve that goal, given your communication style, is
to stop sending mail about it to debian-devel.  Every time you post
another one of these sorts of messages, you further harden opposition to
systemd.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>