]] Helmut Grohne

> Just how do we move from these suggestions to a coherent system design?
> Fact is that some applications don't cope with /etc/resolv.conf changing
> (i.e. A). Also fact is that in the presence of resolvconf,
> /etc/resolv.conf can be a dynamic file (i.e. B). The current situation
> is not coherent and this causes breakage (and will cause more breakage
> in a systemd world).

I'm not sure why you think systemd changes anything here?

I think we should get rid of resolvconf and other automatic processes
touching /etc/resolv.conf and have a /run/resolv.conf for the case of
DHCP and other automatic editing of resolv.conf, leaving settings in
/etc/resolv.conf to the admin.  (This is slightly tangential to the
original question in the thread, but if we are going to go mucking about
with resolvers, I think we should fix this wart too.)

--
Tollef Fog Heen