On Friday 28 June 2013 13:28:59 Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (2013-06-27 19:42:16)

> > > For our purposes, it would useful to have a way to extract upstream
> > > developers' addresses automatically. I'd love to see DEP5 adopted
> > > for this reason.
> >
> > But even if adopted and up to date, it doesn't means that's the
> > correct way of dealing with upstream. Many addresses will be of former
> > developers, and in most situations it will not be the best way to
> > contact upstream. Some will want a mail to a specific mailing list,
> > some other to open an issue in their bugtracker, ...
>
> I disagree with your remark that "...it will not be the best way...":
> DEP5 Upstream-Contact hint is defined as the preferred form of contact
> for upstream.
>
> So if adopted and up-to-date, it will be the correct (and will also be
> up-to-date - that's obviously implied from it being, ahem, up-to-date).

I don't mind if that field is available as long as it's optional, filled only
if the maintainer[s] want to invest time on that. Personally I think it's even
more burden on what we already have.

And DEP5 is fine as long as you don't hit a source wich makes it grow above
12k+ lines. Then it becames a real PITA.

--
18: Como se pueden evitar los problemas de alimentacion electrica
    * No coma cerca de un enchufe

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/