Hi,

would FOSS Exception similar to
http://www.mysql.com/about/legal/licensing/foss-exception/ fix the
relicensing problem?

If so, I will propose Oracle developers to add the FOSS Exception to
Berkeley DB licensing.

The MySQL FOSS Exception doesn't include 4-clause BSD, so it still might
bar some software to create derivative works with Berkeley DB, but the list
would be considerably shorter. Or they will need to add the 4-clause BSD
license to the exception list.

O.

--
Ondřej Surý <ond...@sury.org>