On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 12:47:02AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 09/02/2013 07:38 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > Adding to this. I know Paul personally very well and I don't think that
> > he'd maliciously reject a package.
>
> I don't think so either.
>
> Though what happens is that Charles is being frustrated because of the
> current waiting time in the NEW queue (and it clearly shows in his
> mail). If it was like before November 2012 (eg: less than a week for a
> review), then it wouldn't happen, IMO.
>
> I've been very happy to see that there was more people accepted in the
> team in order to help solving this problem. Let's just hope that it will
> work out better in the near future, and reduce the frustration of
> everyone facing issues with the current delay. The graph of the NEW
> package count shows there's an ongoing effort for this.

Yes. For the record, this day when Charles sent this mail, I was working
in NEW from early in the morning to about 9:00 at night. I don't want
thanks or even for people to care about such things, but to come home
from the bar to such an email is annoying and makes me want to review
NEW less.

The package count went from over 300 on Friday to under 180 this mornig
(I saw some processing by other ftpteam members too, so that wasn't just
me).

This is being worked on, and the ftpteam is working hard to review
packages in a timely way.

> BTW, we always know who rejects a package. Though it'd be nice to also
> know in the ACCEPTED message who did it (for example we could send
> thanks for the work of reviewing an upload). Has the FTP master team
> thought about that? Or is there reasons why you want to stay anonymous?
> (or perhaps nobody has time to work on that futile feature?)

I don't mind staying anonymous, none of us are doing this to get rich or
famous, we're just here to make sure the archive stays safe & sane.