On 19 September 2013 14:42, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au> wrote:

> PostBooks distributes their schema as a Postgres binary dump file for
> use with pg_restore
>
> They are available for download here (not in the source tarball):
>

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/postbooks/files/03%20PostBooks-databases/4.1.0/
>
> Is this format suitable for making a source package or do we need to
> load it into Postgres and then pg_dump it again as text / SQL?
>
> I would prefer to simply distribute the original files so that people
> can compare with upstream's checksums if they wish.

FWIW, you can convert the file to text using pg_restore, you don't actually
need a running database server. It's really just a compressed tarball and
should be treated as such. That is, I think it can be included as-is.
Unless you're thinking of patching it, in which case you need to think of
something else.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <klep...@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/