> I have to join Marc here and say "me too". In my organisation we
> actually have those controls in place (antivirus/antimalware) in the
> Internet gateways and we do not disable them for specific traffic
> flows unless a detailed risk analysis has been done (and approved).

Personally I disagree with this approach as you are making the gateways
themselves more open to attack adding risk to all rather than the
targetted, especially when antivirus are so easy to fool anyway. A
mistake Blackberry has made whilst their devices weren't bad security
wise.

However this is in no way a reflection on whether I think it should be
allowed but I will throw in that.

There are many perfectly legitimate hacking tools that may hit the repo
that AV will pickup (backtrack distro has many) but also is their any
danger of av browser plugins and google even blocking debian.org.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)