On 2013-10-25, Joey Hess <jo...@debian.org> wrote:
> Hmm, I just gave KDE a try with my laptop fliped to tablet mode,
> and did not see anything that works better than xfce. I was still stuck
> fatfingered with a tiny panel, and once I started konqueror, could
> not drag to scroll the page, or make any other gestures.

Plasma Active is a different user interface on top of things, not yet
packaged for Debian.

The underlying libs are shared with the rest of the workspace, so it is
"just" getting the last bits integrated and tested. But the debian kde
team is lacking manpower to also take that up. It is just ~3-4 source
packages and maybe enabling e.g. the okular tablet port in the okular
package.

The Plasma Active upstream people are maintaining a Mer based reference
image for a couple of tablets.

/Sune