Nikolaus Rath dixit:

>To cut a long story short, I am not convinced that by open sourcing my
>code I am acquiring a moral obligation to take into account the
>preferences of potential users in future versions - no matter how large

But that’s just the thing! You are!

Of course, only in a way, and only morally, but if you want to
ever have people building systems with blocks of yours again,
you better do, or you lose credibility.

Open Source is *not* about the code, or the licence. It’s about
Free Users, and it’s a way of life, and this includes the way
things are developed. (For example, many projects from larger
companies aren’t; pcc doesn’t feel like it either, and, naming
it explicitly because it’s different in a different way than
what I mean with “projects from companies” above, MySQL sure
as hell isn’t, either.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Wish I had pine to hand :-( I'll give lynx a try, thanks.

Michael Schmitz on nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k
a.k.a. {news.gmane.org/nntp}#news.gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k in pine