On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 01:06 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> libunwind seems to be holding off many packages to be uploaded to unstable
> now.
>   https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-libunwind.html
>
> But problem seems to be just ia64 and 87 days old.
>   http://packages.qa.debian.org/libu/libunwind.html
>
> I do not understand what is holding off so long and when I expect to
> have the end of such blockage.

The problem is that on ia64 *all* C programs and libraries directly
depend on libunwind.  Thus the transition from libunwind7 to libunwind8
involves a very large number of source packages.

What this means in practice is that libunwind8 cannot transition to
testing at least until ia64 is officially removed as a release
architecture.  For now, make sure you build with libunwind7-dev.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If the facts do not conform to your theory, they must be disposed of.