* Stephen Powell (zlinux...@wowway.com) [140329 15:05]:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 01:34:27 -0400 (EDT), Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > Or connman.
>
> Frankly, I think that the claim that ifupdown is dysfunctional is an
> exaggeration at
> best and untrue at worst.  I am not claiming that it is bug free; but in
> my experience, it works just fine; and I see no compelling reason to replace
> it.

I'd put it as "works very good for servers, but for roaming laptop
usage there could be something better". However, I fail to see yet any
which is the better[1] (perhaps guessnet was, but it is removed from
testing currently).

Andi

[1] means e.g. auto-detection of wlans, automatically connecting
through whatever there is - wpa psk, portals, dns tunnels, or whatever
else, auto-setup of proxies as required, ...