On 05/02/2014 06:17 PM, David Goodenough wrote:
> On Friday 02 May 2014 11:32:41 Maximiliano Curia wrote:
>> ¡Hola Paul!

>>> Have you invited the Kubuntu team to join you? I'll send a mail to the
>>> other derivatives I can find that use KDE.
>>
>> We've invited the Kubuntu team to merge their efforts with ours and use the
>> same packaging vcs. The answer was positive, although the migration is a bit
>> too far in the future. They sort of agree that they could migrate from
>> launchpad bzr to git.debian.org, but as they are a larger group they
>> separate junior and senior developers, requiring a review for each junior
>> commit, for which they have a workflow and systems in place that won't be
>> directly usable in git.debian.org. so the idea is to keep in sync most of
>> our work, and see if we can figure out a way to merge it.
>>
>> Which translates to some overhead and a larger TODO list than an immediate
>> help, but sure, once certain threshold in time invested is reached, both
>> Debian and Ubuntu could benefit from it.
>>
>> Happy hacking,
> Sounds like a job for Gerrit.  Currently not fully packages for Debian
> but I understand there is work being done one it.  There is a github
> project at https://github.com/dnaeon/gerrit-debian which builds debs.
>
> David

Someone starting a Debian package is a good idea, though IMO, it'd be
nicer if gerrit could be properly packaged in Sid / Testing. Does anyone
want to work on that? The above Debian package doesn't seem good after a
quick look (for example, it build-depends on java6-runtime-headless
which isn't in Sid anymore, depends on git-core instead of git,
copyright file isn't right, etc.). If hands are raising for packaging
gerrit and the necessary tools for building a gate, then I'd be happy to
work on that as well (though I feel like I've got enough work with the
packaging of OpenStack already, so my time would be unfortunately
limited...).

I've seen that the DSA are currently building an OpenStack cloud (using
the new Icehouse packages). I'm not sure what will be its use, or what's
the current plan, though it'd be a super nice idea to use it to setup
Gerrit and some kinds of gating process (piuparts & adequate comes to
mind of course). This could be for example used for spawning VMs to do
some checkings of each git commit on Alioth, with Gerrit as a tool for a
patch review process.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)