Hi,

On 08/13/2014 15:43, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Is it the power user?  Is it developers?  Is it the typical users I've
> seen on Launchpad, such that I've largely stopped dealing with bug
> reports there --- far too many Ubuntu users can't file a proper bug
> report, and then other Ubuntu users Google their symptoms, and drop in
> irrelevant observation for problems that superficially have the same
> symptoms, but are about something else entirely?
>
> If you want Debian to target people who like Windows 8, or maybe Mac
> OS, then GNOME or Unity is the right default DE.  If you don't care
> about servicing the needs of your current user base, and instead want
> to chase after (hopefully) potentially new users, the way the GNOME
> project has done, by all means, go with GNOME.

To quote a fairly famous Linux user who eventually came back from XFCE
to GNOME: "But I'm actually back to gnome3 because with the right
extensions it is more pleasant."[1]

But I'm not sure if he qualifies as a power user or is just another guy
who like Windows 8 or OS X. *scnr*

Ansgar

  [1] One of the comments to the post
      https://plus.google.com/115250422803614415116/posts/KygiWsQc4Wm