Hi,

Simon McVittie:
> > Keep Debian packaging completely separate (in a different branch,
> > or even in a diffferent archive) and use a quilt-ish workflow
> >
> > Let's call this one "divided".
>
> Three: same as Two, but the Debian packaging branch is branched from
> the upstream branch, so it contains unpatched files *and* debian/
> *and* debian/patches. ("semi-integrated"?)

Well, if the two workflows I described are extremes, that'd be 1.95;
the only difference seems to be the (non-)existence of a debian/.git
directory.

NB: .git will be a pseudo-symlink-ish file if/when somebody uses git's
submodules for their personal code (dis)organization, so please only test
whether it exists, not whether it's a directory.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs