Hi.
I've read the original proposal and believe it is generally going in the
right direction.

things I liked:

* didn't pick between dgit/git-dpm/git-pq; documented the common parts

* Seemed to really focus on one clear scope.

* Discouraged overlay packaging.
I've tried to read the arguments, and I'm unconvinced that should be a
recommended practice.
I'd prefer to simply rule it out of scope: this proposal describes how
to package debian and upstream sources together.  It does not apply to
other cases and does not forbid or recommend them.
It doesn't apply to svn.  It doesn't apply to overlay packaging.

--Sam