On 13/11/14 06:29, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Daniel Pocock dijo [Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:08:23PM +0100]:
>> I didn't want to be too specific, to give other people a chance to make
>> suggestions
>>
>> However, one possibility is that anybody maintaining an essential
>> package and anybody who is a DPL delegate would be able to veto.  The
>> implication is that somebody can still win a GR against the veto, but
>> they do so knowing that they will have to find somebody else to maintain
>> some essential packages.
> As a DPL delegate, I'd strongly veto that idea. That clearly creates
> first- and second-class citizens.

Not quite: if people are choosing not to remain a citizen at all, then
they are neither first or second class.

If there was such a scheme in place, then I don't think people could use
it frivolously, at least not for too long.  E.g. maintainer of essential
package foo vetoes 5 GRs in a row.  At some point, other people will
start stepping forward to maintain that package or propose an alternative.