Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:50:26AM +0000, Edmund Grimley Evans wrote:
> http://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo
>
> Some suggestions for improving this table:
>
> 1. About half of the table is taken up with sizeof information, some
> of which could be expressed more concisely. (Are all Debian
> architectures ILP32 or LP64? Any rare exceptions could be described in
> a footnote.)

Right. Also the recently added float/double/long double columns can be
reduced to to a "float parameters passed via" column, since all three
kind of floats are passed same way.

> 2. Perhaps it would be better to reverse the axes, particularly if the
> sizeof information is simplified and as more and more architectures
> are added.

Ok, makes sense - it also easier to see what arch the actual edit
touched when getting wiki notifications.

I also approve how you changed char,endian and stack direction back
to words instead of single letters. now one doesn't have to read the
legend all the time!

> 3. A link to a list of system calls might be useful for some people.

probably for some other page.

> 4. I'd like to see some information about va_list added as this
> sometimes causes portability problems. For example:

I think it's unwise - to rephrase what Thorsten said, we shouldn't
encourage people to depend on the internals of va_list but use the
va_list api functions and not make assumptions.

Another page documenting va_list differences on architectures might
make sense.

Riku