Simon Richter wrote:
>Hi Leif,
>
>On 11.12.2014 19:08, Leif Lindholm wrote:
>
>> If we could transition this to be able to specify efi-all (or
>> whatever) instead of an explicit list of certain architectures, this
>> would be a lot more straightforward operation.
>
>> Would this be useful, desirable, an accident waiting to happen?
>
>Useful, possibly, but there is no mechanism that could be used or
>recycled for that, so it would be an entirely new mechanism in the
>package management framework, with a fairly limited use case.
>
>As this is something that changes rather seldom, I think it would be
>overkill.

Hmmm, maybe. EFI is a bit of a special case in several respects - in
some places in Debian (e.g. d-i) it's treated like a
sub-architecture. But it's a common sub-architecture across several
architectures, which is very different to m68k/atari and the like.

On a related front... see other mail.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'