Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> Some people and teams in Debian do manage their package sources in git;
> others don't. I'm not sure what the stats are at the moment for the
> various approaches; there might be a UDD script already that generates
> some. I was interested in looking at this, once upon a time.

There is indeed a regular check of VCS usage:

    http://upsilon.cc/~zack/stuff/vcs-usage/

Which today lists:

arch    7
bzr     199
cvs     11
darcs   832
git     12439
hg      65
mtn     23
svn     3593

Source packages using some VCS:         17169   (75.37%)

So that puts git as the declared VCS for > 50% source packages (and leading
the next most popular by almost a factor of 4).

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stu...@nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stu...@debian.org