> PK does understand apt holds - only Aptitude doesn't set them correctly,
> see bug #683099

I wasn't talking about existing holds, but about an update strategy that
prioritized removing packages like gnome-control-center over putting
some other on hold automatically. I would expect an automatic system to
*always* take the path of least removals.

> PackageKit uses the very same resolver as apt itself does...
> A log file of what actually happened would be very helpful here, to
> determine the problem causing the package removal.

Just try an update on a recently updated (Sunday) sid system and you'll
see see the conflicts.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes