On 08/27/2015 05:19 AM, Michael Meskes wrote:

>> Strange - then the install-updates mode should not have been entered in
>> the first place.
> Let me guess, the file was re-created by some software.
As administrator of my own systems it would bother me that some random
file /remove-my-packages will trigger an action at restart.
Especially if backups are taken this could come back during a restore.
So if my system was wiped by a rogue upgrade, a restore might start this
whole thing from anew.

This should at least be time stamped so that shutting down a system will
not trigger an upgrade when you start it up a month later or restored
files from backup. Of course that can make the upgrade fail/not happen
but I think that's the less risky route.

What do you think?

Greetings, Torsten