On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 02:02:32PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I'm considering:
>    archive/{debian,ubuntu}/<version>
>    {debian,ubuntu}/archive/<version>
>
> I'm still considering the capitalisation idea.
>
> Other suggestions welcome.

More of a meta-idea.

You're absolutely right in being unwilling to use "dgit" as part of the
namespace, on the basis that it is just a specific implementation of a
more general specification. But then, the natural consequence of that
argument is that you need a generic name for the "thing" that the
specification standardize. Once you have that name, and everyone is
clear on the fact that it names the standard rather than the
implementation, there would be nothing wrong in using it as part of the
namespace.

(Or you can just say that "dgit" is an overloaded name for both the spec
and a specific reference implementation of it. But I'd agree that doing
so might in the long term end up being confusing.)

Hope [but not so sure that] this helps,
Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  z...@upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o